Women who have breast augmentation look forward to a procedure designed to accentuate their natural curves, enhance their self-confidence, and add volume to the breasts with beautiful results. However, some women find that the ultimate results of a breast augmentation are not in line with their original goals. In some cases, they may have experienced complications from the procedure; in others, they may feel dissatisfaction with the shape, size, or type of implant. Some women who had breast augmentation surgery several years ago may simply want to upgrade their breast implants from saline to silicone or to a different size. Our plastic surgeons in Austin offer advanced breast revision surgery to address concerns you may have with a previous breast augmentation and help you feel great about your appearance.
Reasons for Breast Revision Surgery
Breast revision surgery is often considered by women who are experiencing:
- A desire to upgrade or exchange their breast implants to add or reduce breast volume
- A desire to upgrade or exchange their breast implants to change from saline to silicone or vice-versa, or to change the shape/texture of the implants
- A desire for complete removal of the implant for a return to the original breast size
- Poor breast shape or lack of symmetry after augmentation
- Implant rupture or deflation
- Implant rippling
- Capsular contracture (hardened scar tissue formed around the implant)
There is no reason a woman should be left dissatisfied after breast augmentation. If you are not happy with your results, Drs. Steven Holzman and David M. Mosier can help with breast revision surgery. Our plastic surgeons are highly experienced in a variety of breast surgery procedures, and we strive to come as close as possible to your desired look.
Breast revision surgery be performed to correct the issues listed above and many others. Some of the benefits of breast revision surgery include:
- Removing implants to allow you to return to your original breast size
- Increasing or decreasing the size of your implants
- Changing your implant type
- Repositioning your implants for improved symmetry and shape
- Removing hardened tissue formed by capsular contracture
This procedure is also typically less time-consuming and strenuous than an original breast augmentation surgery, and most patients are able to resume their normal daily routines relatively quickly after treatment.
What to Expect
Dr. Mosier or Dr. Holzman will meet with you for a comprehensive consultation to discuss your concerns and determine your specific goals and expectations. We will then create a customized treatment plan to remove/exchange your current implants. Depending on your needs, we can reposition your implant and/or insert a new implant that better fits your original goals.
Some discomfort, bruising, and swelling will be present after a revision breast surgery; however, these effects can typically be alleviated with pain medication. If you are having your breast implants replaced, you may need to wear a compression garment to ensure proper healing. Most patients can resume normal daily activities within a week following treatment. Strenuous activities and exercise will need to be avoided for at least a month after the procedure.
Schedule A Consultation
If you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.